Here are tips for using Zoom with your Doing Well Series or Retreat:
- Go to https://zoom.us/test prior to the start of your group to ensure your microphone, speakers, and camera are working properly.
- Audio and video
- Mute and unmute your audio and video by pressing the respective icons in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- To change other audio and video settings, press the up arrow next to the microphone and camera microphones.
- You can rename yourself by tapping the ellipsis icon on the top right corner of your camera display and pressing “Rename.”
- You can change the view of the Zoom participants by toggling between Speaker View and Gallery View in the top right corner of the Zoom window.
- Chatting in Zoom
- To send a chat to everyone, press the chat icon in the bottom middle of the screen, and make sure “Everyone” is the recipient in the “To:” field.
- To send a chat to an individual attendee, tap on “Everyone” in the “To:” field, and choose the recipient you’d like to message.
- When you click on a link in the chat window, your default browser will automatically open. Zoom has not closed or quit – it’s simply hidden behind the web browser. To return to Zoom, click on the Zoom icon in your dock (MacOS) or taskbar (Windows 10).
- If you need to send the Zoom invitation to someone when in a meeting, select the information icon in the top-left of the Zoom window and select “Copy URL.”
- Sharing videos
- Make sure the framing of yourself in the webcam shows just your head and shoulders.
- Make sure the lighting in your room is ideal for a video call – dim rooms and harsh backlighting are not ideal.
- Turn off your device notifications prior to the meeting so that they are not distracting during your time.
- Make sure you keep a high energy level – it’s more difficult to engage a crowd through a video call than it is in person.
- To ensure the highest audio quality, use headphones with a built-in microphone instead of the built-in device speakers and mic.
- Make sure your internet connection is stable. If possible, use an ethernet cable. See more Zoom Connection tips here.
- It is nearly impossible to facilitate an online group from a smartphone or tablet. Use a computer if at all possible.
- Be sure to remove any pets from the room.