Ronald Blue & Co. commissioned Women Doing Well to do a research study on how to enrich widows’ relationships with her financial advisor. What a helpful and important topic! Did you know that just last year nearly 10% of American women became widows–9.3% or more than 1 million. And the more engaged the woman is in her financial health before her husband’s death, the less stress she will experience afterward, lessening an already fraught time.
The 7 Key Findings of the research include:
- She wants to be understood
- She wants to understand
- She values trusted relationships and wants to know she’s not alone
- She wants complex decisions and processes simplified
- She highly regards holistic service
- She needs unique attention and service “in the fog” of grief
- She wants her advisor to recognize and adjust as she turns to a new life
Please pass this great data on to anyone you know who may benefit from it (advisors, counselors, pastors, parents, friends).