Ronald Blue & Co. commissioned Women Doing Well to do a research study on how to enrich widows’ relationships with her financial advisor. What a helpful and important topic! Did you know that just last year nearly 10% of American women became widows–9.3% or more than 1 million. And the more engaged the woman is in her financial health before her husband’s death, the less stress she will experience afterward, lessening an already fraught time.
The 7 Key Findings of the research include:
- She wants to be understood
- She wants to understand
- She values trusted relationships and wants to know she’s not alone
- She wants complex decisions and processes simplified
- She highly regards holistic service
- She needs unique attention and service “in the fog” of grief
- She wants her advisor to recognize and adjust as she turns to a new life
Please pass this great data on to anyone you know who may benefit from it (advisors, counselors, pastors, parents, friends).
Share This Post
Read more posts from Judy Lewis