Women Doing Well
Here two methods for getting the videos downloaded and played for the retreat:
For using the provided ROKU:
- Plug the power cable into the Roku and the other end into a wall outlet or extension cord.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the Roku and the other end into your TV (if your TV has multiple HDMI ports, take note of which port the Roku is plugged into).
- Turn on your TV and make sure the input is switched to the correct HDMI port.
- The Roku menu should appear. If not, press the home button on the Roku remote to wake the Roku up.
- From “Home” on the Roku menu, navigate to the “Roku Media Player” and press the OK button on the Roku remote.
- Navigate to “Video” and press the OK button on the Roku remote.
- Select the “WDW Videos” USB drive from that menu and press the OK button on the Roku remote.
Select the video of your choice and press the OK button on the Roku remote to play.
- If you accidentally selected the wrong video, press the back button (← – top left button on the remote) on the Roku remote to return to the previous screen. Pressing the back button twice from video playback will return you to the video selection menu.
- Repeat this process for all other videos.
As a backup option, you can use the Vimeo iPhone or iPad app:
- Download the Vimeo app
- Open the Vimeo app.
- Tap the profile icon on the bottom of the screen (person icon).
- OPTIONAL: Login to Vimeo or create an account by tapping the “Ready to join Vimeo or log in?” option towards the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the settings icon (gear) in the top right corner.
- Make sure that the “Allow HD downloads” setting is turned on.
- Tap done in the top right corner.
- Tap the search icon in the top right corner.
- Tap “People”, and then search for Women Doing Well.
- Tap to select the Women Doing Well profile.
- Navigate to the video(s) you’d like to download and tap the ellipsis icon to reveal options.
- Make sure you are connected to WiFi, and the tap the “Make available offline” option.
- Tap the bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Play your selection!
Note: when connected to a TV or projector, you will need to rotate your device into landscape mode to make the video full screen.